The Irene S. Scully Family Foundation gathers two types of information about our visitors:
The personally identifiable information that we collect using our website and the online grants management system may include:
- contact details, such as your name, title, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and physical addresses
- information about your organization and program/project, including mission, history, description, location, employees, and funders
- financial information, including employer identification number and/or tax identification number, budgets, and financial records
- your inquiries about the Foundation, our website, and our grants process
- feedback from you about our services
You are not required to provide this information. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Do not supply personal information about others unless you are authorized or required to do so by applicable law or contract. By submitting any personal information about others, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless against any failure by you to comply with this paragraph.
We collect certain non-personally identifiable information about all visitors provided by your computer. The non-personally identifiable information that we collect may include:
- The version and name of the web browser and network
- The type of device
- The geographical location and date of visit
Your web browser transmits this data when requesting web pages, but it is not sufficient to contact you. For example, this information does not include your email address or your phone number. This information, however, does give us general information about our website visitors and their preferences. We use this information to provide better service to you and to future visitors of this website.
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory. The cookie itself does not contain personal information although it will enable us to relate your use of this site to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. Our websites may use them to track the number of times you have visited the website, to track the number of visitors to the website, to determine and analyze visitors’ use of our websites, to store data that you provide (such as your preferences), and to store technical information related to your interactions with our websites.
Disclosure of Data
The Foundation will never sell, rent, or share your personal and/or organization’s information with any third party without your consent, except as necessary to administer our grant program or to comply with law. If any information you provide us is not generally available to the public, please give us written notice to that effect.
We will use your data only for the purposes set forth below.
- Services. We use your data to deliver services you request, such as providing information about the Foundation’s services, answering inquiries and requests, facilitating use of our websites, and so forth.
- Website improvement. We may use data about you to improve our websites (including our security measures) and related services, or to make our websites easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, or by customizing our websites to your particular preference or interests.
- Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose your data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property, or in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any individual.
The Irene S. Scully Family Foundation is committed to protecting the security of personal data. We take reasonable steps to protect the visitor information that is released to us.
The Foundation works with Foundant Technologies (online grants management system) to accept LOIs, applications and reports from our applicants. We rely upon the Foundant Technologies’ privacy statement. The Foundation and Foundant Technologies will make every effort to keep the information you submit to us confidential and to protect the security of the servers on which the information is stored.
However, we cannot guarantee that data will be completely secure from either misappropriation or computer hardware, software or telecommunications network failure. No data transmitted over the internet can be 100 percent secure. Therefore, you provide us with this data at your own risk. We urge you to select a strong password and to adopt your own internal procedures to regularly change the password, and to change it at any time that your organization changes its personnel with access to this information. If you are sharing a computer with anyone, you should always log out before leaving a website so that subsequent users will not be able to access your data.
Trademark and Copyright
The contents of the Foundation website—including design, text, photos, graphics, and all other materials— are property of the Foundation; this excludes materials for which we have the written or verbal consent of its legal owner. Design, text, photos, graphics, and other materials from this website cannot be reproduced without prior written consent from the Foundation.
Links to External Websites
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Questions about Our Privacy Practices
If you have any questions about this policy or our practices relating to this website, please feel free to contact us using our Contact page.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
The Foundation may occasionally change, update, or modify this privacy statement without any further notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the website. It is your responsibility to review this policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.